Monday, March 28, 2011

Oreo Cupcakes with Oreo Cream Cheese Frosting

So today was my friend Emma's birthday, and I made Oreo cupcakes for her:
Those are sugar pearls for decoration.
Want the recipe?


The recipe is from Beantown Baker. I pretty much followed her recipe exactly, EXCEPT I used 1.5 cups of sugar, which is a little less than what she recommended. They came out great; I didn't want the cake to be too sweet since the frosting was super sweet, too.

I also used the frosting recipe that came from the Beantown Baker page, except I mixed in Oreo crumbs instead of just using them for garnish. If you don't have a food processor, you can just put some Oreo crackers into a Ziploc bag and have fun smashing the cookies into little pieces to make crumbs :)

Lastly, the frosting recipe calls for 3-4 cups of powdered sugar, but this is a LOT of sugar. I only used about 2 cups. You should start with 1 cup of sugar, and then add more gradually to get the desired consistency. Since the frosting includes cream cheese, store the cupcakes in the fridge if you're not serving them immediately. Frosting the cupcakes the night before is fine; in fact, the frosting helps lock in moisture of the cake.

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment